Tuesday, March 8, 2011

So long, Chick-Fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwich...

I'll see you after Easter, my love.
I'm giving up fast food*/fried food for Lent. It's not that I eat a ton of it, but it's definitely something that I should cut out of my life. And I do have a tendency to swing by Chick-Fil-A when I'm running late and need to grab some lunch. Lent is such a nice time to rid yourself of something you don't need, because it gives you a reason and a timeline. In the past few years, I've cut out soda, facebook, and sweet tea, respectively, and been relatively successful. After living for 40-plus days (unlike some people, I do count Sundays) without something, I usually find myself not really wanting it anymore. Although that obviously doesn't last, because I consume soda and tea on a regular basis and probably checked facebook about 20 seconds ago.

I miss you already fried chicken, cheeseburgers, and fries. I hope I can keep this up!

*You might be wondering what constitutes "fast food." Just kidding, you probably don't care. But in case you were, don't worry, I've set boundaries. Fast food = a restaurant that typically has a drive-thru. This includes the McDonalds on Franklin Street (even though that particular one does not have a drive-thru). It does not include the likes of Subway and Chipotle - a girl's gotta have something to eat, right?

1 comment:

  1. You are so strong! Ugh, I have been thinking and delaying something to give up... I just had chick fil a for lunch today! And though I know I am a day late I think I'm giving up meat for lent...gulp! good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete